Information You Provide to Us
Marine Data Solutions collects personal information from you when you use our Services, create an account with us, request information from us, or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, phone number, account login credentials (such as a username and password), and a credit or debit card number or other financial information (“Information”). We may combine the Information you provide to us with information from and about you that we receive from third parties, including business partners and vendors, or information that we automatically collect when you visit our Platforms.
Information Automatically Collected
Information You Post
Any comments or personal information that you post on public pages (such as social media Platforms), within our Platforms or otherwise, is publicly available and may be viewed, collected and used by others, including Marine Data Solutions. Marine Data Solutions is not responsible for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings.
Cookies and Other Tracking
There are two types of cookies we use on our Platforms: session-based cookies and persistent cookies. In addition, we may also allow vendors to use third party cookies for specific purposes on our Platforms. A description of each of these cookies is provided below.
Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your mobile device or computer when you close your browser or turn off your mobile device or computer. When you authorize us to do so, we may use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to our Platforms. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Platforms.
Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your mobile device or computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your mobile device or computer. When you authorize us to do so, we may use persistent cookies to, among other things, allow our systems to remember you and automatically log you in to our Platforms.
Third Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties who use session or persistent cookies to uniquely identify you via your user credentials during a session while you are logged in to our Platforms. The third party cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information other than the user credentials you provide.
Clear Graphics Interchange Formats (“GIFs”). Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process marketing email opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us, we still may send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Marine Data Solutions may use the Information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To fulfill orders, provide Services and communicate with customers;
- To develop new products or services;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To market our Services to you and engage third parties to help us market our Services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Marine Data Solutions or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To contact you when necessary; To address problems with our Platforms or our Services;
- To protect the security or integrity of our Platforms and our Services;
- As described to you at the point of data collection; and
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card information or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
In accordance with applicable laws, your Information may be stored and used for the purposes described in this Policy in the United States or in any other country in which Marine Data Solutions or its affiliates or service providers conduct operations.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Marine Data Solutions may send your Information to third parties, including under any of the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your Information to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf related to our Platforms or Services.
- We may disclose your Information to outside auditors, professional advisors, potential business transition partners, and regulators.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if all or a portion of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or as part of a similar transaction, we may transfer the Information to the acquiring company or other involved third party.
- We may disclose your Information to respond to legal process, such as a subpoena or court order, to comply with the law or to protect our rights in litigation or arbitration.
- We may disclose your Information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety or property of any person or entity (including Marine Data Solutions), or violations of our Customer Agreement or policies.
Marine Data Solutions has taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the Information that we collect from and about our customers and visitors to our Platforms. While we seek to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee the security of the Information, and we encourage you to take precautions to protect your personal data when you use our Platforms and Services.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password and any Platform login or user ID information, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of our Platforms by you or any person or entity using your password, login or user ID, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you.
Our Platforms are for the sole use of Marine Data Solutions customers in managing their accounts and the products and services they receive. If you choose to provide access to certain of your account data to third parties, Marine Data Solutions cannot be held responsible for any release of account or personal data that occurs as a result of the access that you provide to others.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain Information about you for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. Marine Data Solutions does not currently disclose any Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an account for our Services, you may sign into your account and update your personal information contained in the account.
We do not intend for our Platforms or Services to be used by children under the age of 13, nor do we seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with information and do not use our Platforms or Services. We encourage parents or legal guardians to talk with their children about the potential risks of providing information over the Internet.
Marine Data Solutions may amend this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on our Platforms. If we make any material changes that are adverse to you in the way we use or disclose the Information you provide to us, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Last Updated: June 12, 2023