Seamless Superyacht Quality Enterprise Grade Coverage Throughout North America, Central America, Caribbean, and Mediterranean
Premium Viasat Internet
Seamless Superyacht Quality Enterprise Grade Coverage Throughout North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean
Marine Data Solutions is proud to offer high-speed mobile internet and network management services tailored for yachting. Our premium yacht internet services encompass extensive coverage areas including North America, Central America, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean.
High-Performance Satellite Internet: Unlimited GB, Fixed Cost
Our Viasat Enterprise Grade High-Speed Satellite Yacht Internet Systems provide superyacht quality enterprise-grade communications. This advanced satellite internet solution is designed to deliver the fastest yacht internet experience with typical speeds of 25Mbps to 50Mbps, and a tested maximum speed of 174Mbps at Lauderdale Marine Center.
Reliable Yacht Internet: 24/7 Support and Versatile Coverage
With shoreside enterprise-grade support and a worldwide servicing dealer network, we ensure reliable yacht internet around the clock. Our Viasat Earth station and Marine Data Solutions tech support are available 24/7 for any assistance you might need.
Our system’s adjustable spot beams can send bandwidth exactly where it’s needed, such as Staniel Cay and St Barts for Xmas and New Year’s Charters, ensuring seamless maritime connectivity.
Ultra-Fast Yacht Broadband: Unlimited GB Plans
Our unlimited GB plans, starting at $999 per month, offer no overage charges and do not shut off if you go over your data limit. The system includes built-in LTE/5G backup at no extra cost, enhancing our ultra-fast yacht broadband offerings.
Next-Gen Maritime Internet: Advanced Equipment and Services
The hardware we use, KA Band equipment built on the Cobham platform (Sailor 600 and 900 units), is designed for high-speed maritime internet. VoIP service is available with user-selected area codes, further enhancing your next-gen maritime internet experience.
Marine Satellite Internet: Viasat vs. Competitors
ViaSat’s current capacity of 260 Gigabits per second vastly outperforms most competitors’ Ku Band Vsat satellites, ensuring high-performance satellite internet. The upcoming launch of the Global Viasat 3 constellation will further enhance our marine satellite internet capabilities, adding 1000 Gigabit per second to the existing constellation.
FAQs: Understanding Our Advanced Satellite Internet Solutions
• How does Viasat compare to Starlink?
Viasat offers enterprise-grade, superyacht quality satellite internet service with 24/7 phone tech support and local technical support worldwide. ViaSat’s ability to adjust spot beams for added bandwidth makes it a superior choice for areas with user congestion.
• What are the typical speeds with ViaSat’s high-speed internet system?
Expect download speeds for yachts from 25Mbps to 50Mbps, with a maximum speed of 174Mbps.
• Coverage and Equipment Queries: For questions about ViaSat’s coverage, airtime price lists, and comparison charts for selecting the right Vsat system, feel free to request more information.
• Installation Services: Marine Data Solutions can provide and install the Viasat high-speed internet system on your yacht, particularly in the South Florida area.
How does Viasat compare to KVH satellite internet systems?
- As a comparison, most competitor’s Ku Band Vsat satellites have a maximum throughput capacity of about 15 Gigabits per second.
- That 15GB per second throughput is split and shared between all of the Vsat units on the Yachts, Ships, and Oil Rigs using that same satellite.
- Viasat’s current capacity is 260 Gigabits per second, simply a different universe.
- Viasat currently supports commercial airlines like JetBlue and Delta, where 150 passengers simultaneously surf and stream internet content, with no issues.
- And it gets even better in 2023, with the launch of the Global Viasat 3 constellation. Each or the three Viasat 3 satellites will be adding 1000 Gigabit per second to the existing constellation.
- The Viasat technology, already famous with commercial airlines, brings an at home/at office Internet experience at sea including streaming and videoconferencing.
- Request Viasat Airtime and Equipment Options
- Request Viasat Coverage Map
- Request Vsat Spec Check Comparison
- What is the difference between Viasat and Starlink?
Viasat is Enterprise Grade, Superyacht Quality, Satellite Internet Service with 24/7 phone tech support, and worldwide local technical support. In addition to that, Viasat is able to quickly adjust their spotbeams to add more bandwidth to any areas with user congestion. As an example, St Barths and St Martin during Xmas and New Years 2022 was so congested that $5,000 per month Starlink Maritime users were only getting 5Mbps down. We had several Viasat yachts in the same congested area, that enjoyed uninterrupted high speed service.
Starlink is a different quality of service and support. At this time there are about 4,000 Starlink satellites in low earth orbit. The full constellation of Starlink satellites is slated to be 40,000 satellites. Because Starlink is currently operating with a minimal number of satellites, there are several times each hour where there are no Starlink satellites in view of your vessels antenna, during that time (could be seconds, could be minutes) you will have NO INTERNET. In addition to these differences, the only way Starlink can increase bandwidth in any particular area, is to launch more satellites. There is no quick and easy way to add or adjust bandwidth for Starlink user congestion issues. Starlink is also very different from Viasat when it comes to support. The only way to receive support from Starlink is to send an email, and wait for an emailed response. There is no tech support number to call for Starlink assistance, and no local Starlink technical support.
- What is the typical speeds we can expect from Viasat high speed internet system?
Viasat typical download speeds for yachts are 25Mbps to 50Mbps, and in our testing, we have seen a maximum download speed of 174Mbps.
- How many people can use the Viasat high speed internet system at the same time?
Viasat yacht systems can handle over 40 simultaneous users, on the Sailor 900 KA band antennas system.
- What is the current coverage for Viasat high speed internet for Yachts?
The current Viasat yacht satellite coverage is most of north and central America, Bahamas, Caribbean, and Med. Click here to request a Viasat coverage map.
- How can I get a Viasat high speed internet airtime price list? Click here to request Viasat equipment and airtime pricing guide.
- How can I get a Vsat comparison chart to help me select the right Vsat system for my needs? Click here to request a Vsat comparison guide, covering the latest from Viasat, KVH, and Intellian.
- What happens to my Viasat high speed internet service if there is a problem with the Viasat satellite
Viasat has a built in high speed LTE/5g backup, at no extra cost.
- Why does Viasat have a cellular component as part of the system?
In addition to backing up your high speed internet connection, the 4LTE5g modem allows the Viasat techs to remotely access your system for diagnostics, adjustments, and software updates.
- What is the difference between Viasat sailor 600 and Viasat sailor 900?
The Sailor 900 antenna dome is significantly larger than the Sailor 600. Larger antennas equates to better functionality in “fringe” coverage areas, and in heavy weather situations. The larger 900 antenna also equated to more bandwidth and speed throughput.
- Can I upgrade my existing Sailor 600 or 900 system to Viasat service?
Unfortunately, no, you cannot upgrade your current Sailor 600 or 900 KU band Vsat. KU band Sailor 600 and 900 systems must be replaced when upgrading vessel to Viasat system.
- Can Marine Data Solutions provide and install the Viasat high speed internet system on my Yacht
Yes, we can handle the installation of your new Viasat system in the South Florida area. Our technical offices are located at Lauderdale Marine center in Fort Lauderdale. Please click here and let us know your installation details.